Sunday, March 28, 2010

The green, green grass of home

The lawn is in! My giant sandbox/beach volleyball court/kitty litter box is no longer! Hurrah!

When I bought the house, the lawn looked like this:


Then it got worse.


And then just weird.


But now, it's quite gorgeous.


My soon-to-be-vegetable garden is one of my fave things.


The irrigation system is fully functional now.


Good thing it's programmed to come on at 4:30 a.m. because at least one of my dogs is rather obsessed with sprinklers.








The windows in the front room are in. It's going to be very nice to have all that natural light in the house.


At the front of the house, the new door has been installed. By moving the front door out about 3', the foyer is a lot more open now. I think I'm going to paint the door either a deep burgundy or perhaps an aubergine. It's definitely going to be a bright door, whatever colour I choose!


For reference, it used to look like this:


On the inside, the demo is pretty much done.


The big change is the removal of the wall that separated the kitchen from the dining room. Now the whole area will flow as my giant, gorgeous, perfect kitchen. :-)


What it used to look like:


The dining room area will be moved to the back of the house, where the fireplace is.

No comments:

Post a Comment