Sunday, September 4, 2011

The 2011 Reveal Part 3 - Office

Ah, the joys of working from home!  Especially now that I have a very spacious home office!  This is the third bedroom, and it gets excellent morning light through the east-facing window.

When I moved in, it was a dark red.

The combination of the dark red walls and the pink/peach carpet was ... not good.

The office got a fresh coat of paint, new carpet. a new light fixture (which is a smaller version of the metal ball that I have in my kitchen) and new wooden shutters.

I added lots of bookshelves.  I love my books - they are the one thing that I don't recycle immediately.

The dogs are alarmed.  You're not going to recycle *us*, are you?

Lou says "Nah, then who will she stalk with all those cameras?  Man, my chin is itchy."

I need some art work for this room, as well as the guest room.  I have all these ideas of shooting black and white panoramic landscapes and framing them in black frames with crisp white beveled mats but I have a feeling that one day, I'll just wander down to Ikea and get some pre-framed "art".  'Cause I'm trashy like that. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment