Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Before shots - Main level

I spent the afternoon at the house. I took some paint from my (perfect) condo to see if I couldn't make the orange room a little less jarring. More on that below.

Here's the front of the house. I would like to replace the doors with something less flimsy/brassy/ugly. In fact, I'd like to replace the doors with one NICE door, but I think the single doors are too big and would knock the banister down. Dang.


Also need to eradicate that aggressive juniper that is taking over the front:


Here's what you see currently when you enter the house. Not exactly the "wow" factor, unless you count "Wow, that carpet sure is grotty".


The living room has a high ceiling and actually is a pretty decent size.


The dining room is just off the living room, in a semi-open floor plan.


This odd little jog in the wall is for the placement of a sideboard, I guess. I would like to put french doors there that open out to the yard.


The view from the kitchen, looking down the hallway. There is a powder room under the stairs.


The kitchen:



The family room off the kitchen. It leads out to the deck via sliding doors. I'd like to replace the slidy doors with french doors.


And here's the little deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment